As some of you may already know...
I am not much of a cook... however, I was very proud of myself
(or shall I say my crockpot) for making some super yummy pot roast
last night. The recipe is below... it turned out delicious!!
My last crockpot experience didn't turn out so well.
(see the pic of that below)
On Valentine's Day I suprised hubby with lasagna...
but the bottom layer burned. Fortunately, the middle and top
were still pretty tasty. I have always believed... if you add cheese to
pretty much anything (edible) it will make it taste better!
I am not much of a cook... however, I was very proud of myself
(or shall I say my crockpot) for making some super yummy pot roast
last night. The recipe is below... it turned out delicious!!
My last crockpot experience didn't turn out so well.
(see the pic of that below)
On Valentine's Day I suprised hubby with lasagna...
but the bottom layer burned. Fortunately, the middle and top
were still pretty tasty. I have always believed... if you add cheese to
pretty much anything (edible) it will make it taste better!
Best Pot Roast Ever!
(in the CrockPot)
(in the CrockPot)
•2-5 pound pot roast (any kind)
•1 envelope ranch dressing (dried)
•1 envelope Italian dressing
•1 envelope brown gravy mix
•Potatoes and Carrots
•1 to 1-1/2 cup water
What you do:
1. If you wanted carrots and potatoes in your CrockPot,
cut them to your liking and put in the bottom of your CrockPot.
2.Put Roast on top of vegatables.
3.Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes on top.
4.Add the water.
5.Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through.
•1 envelope ranch dressing (dried)
•1 envelope Italian dressing
•1 envelope brown gravy mix
•Potatoes and Carrots
•1 to 1-1/2 cup water
What you do:
1. If you wanted carrots and potatoes in your CrockPot,
cut them to your liking and put in the bottom of your CrockPot.
2.Put Roast on top of vegatables.
3.Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes on top.
4.Add the water.
5.Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through.
********************
Here is a pic of the crockpot lasagna that the bottom burned.
The recipe called for it to cook for 6 -10 hours on low...
and this happened when I went to check it at 6 hours.
This is actually just the bottom that I scraped out of the crock pot...
I took a pic of it and sent to hubby... here is dinner tonight. lol

After scraping the burnt bottom out, I put the rest of the crockpot
lasagna into a casserole dish.... added more cheese on top and put
it in the oven for awhile. Here is pic of the lasagna.
It tasted pretty good... just a tad bit dry though.
Here are more pics from our little Valentine's Day dinner.
Heart shaped Garlic bread.
Our table setting before the lasagna, bread, and salad.
~ Shelly ~















1 comments:
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I an NOT a cook so any easy and tasty recipe is appreciated.
Rae Ann O.
http://joyinart.blogspot.com
Post a Comment