KC Croppers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stick and Spray Meltdown/ Cards on Parade

School is almost out for the summer- yay! That means more time for scrapping and posting. What it may not mean is more time for reconditioning old Cricut mats with C and C International Stick and Spray. I went into my scraproom about a week ago and noticed a very strong smell of Stick and Spray, but I thought it was from the mats I had redone a couple of days earlier. The smell dissipated, and I thought nothing more of it. Then this morning, I was taking cartridges off the shelf in my cabinet to look for cuts for the cut swap, and I saw this:


I wasn't sure what I was looking at- had the adhesive used in building the cabinets been so badly dripped, and I hadn't noticed it earlier? That seemed improbable. I have had these cabinets for almost two years, and I never noticed this before. Then I got to thinking about the stink the other morning... and I looked on the shelf above where I keep my Stick and Spray, and found this:





In all the years I have used aerosol cans, I have never seen one loose it's contents from the bottom, but that is exactly what this Stick and Spray had done. That nasty lump to the right was stuck to the top of the shelf/side of the can where it leaked. It was hard to peel off, too. I'm not sure I'll get that drip off without tearing away some of the veneer of the cabinet. So beware- I guess Stick and Spray has a short shelf life. It was stored in a climate-controlled room, out of direct sunlight for less than two years in my house, and it did this. I hate to think what it could do in a more volatile environment. My husband says we are lucky it didn't pop.

Yikes! I'm sure going to move my remaining cans of Stick Away and Stick and Spray away from my Cricut and cartridges, and even though I think it does a decent job of reconditioning old mats, I'm not sure I'll use it any more once my current supply runs out.

On a less dramatic note, the cards promised in the title:




These are just some of the cards I have made this spring. I'll post Mother's day tomorrow. The bunny and the girl are Prima stamps. I am so in love with that line - the little kids and animals are so cute. The chick in egg is a cut I got from the KC Coppers cut swap.


0 comments: