Welcome to the
Bunnies and Blossoms Banner Hop
for Special Needs Children.
Bunnies and Blossoms Banner Hop
for Special Needs Children.
Today and tomorrow (March 24-25),
30+fantastic papercrafters have come together to create
Spring-themed banners.They will then donate these banners
to Ellen (CardMonkey), who works as Admissions Coordinator
at Pediatric Specialty Care (PSC), www.pediatricspecialty.com.
30+fantastic papercrafters have come together to create
Spring-themed banners.They will then donate these banners
to Ellen (CardMonkey), who works as Admissions Coordinator
at Pediatric Specialty Care (PSC), www.pediatricspecialty.com.
PSC is a long-term care facility for special needs children
who are medically-fragile and/or technologically-dependent.
The babies, children and youths at PSC range in age from
birth to 21, and are admitted from all over the country.
who are medically-fragile and/or technologically-dependent.
The babies, children and youths at PSC range in age from
birth to 21, and are admitted from all over the country.
Some are infants, born prematurely and before their lungs
have had a chance to mature. Others have serious birth defects,
illnesses or injuries from accidents that cause them to need tender
loving care in a home-like environment -- many for their lifetimes.
have had a chance to mature. Others have serious birth defects,
illnesses or injuries from accidents that cause them to need tender
loving care in a home-like environment -- many for their lifetimes.
Our banners are meant to cheer the young patients,
their families, and the staff at PSC. Here is the banner that I
made and will be sending to Ellen to decorate a child's room:
their families, and the staff at PSC. Here is the banner that I
made and will be sending to Ellen to decorate a child's room:
To create my banner.... I used bunny images (like the ones
below) from vintage greeting cards that I found on the net.
below) from vintage greeting cards that I found on the net.

I printed them and cut them out.
Then chalked them for a deeper color.
I pop dotted them to an egg shape.
To create the egg shape background,
I used digi paper from Pink Pearl Studio on Etsy.
Printed the digi paper out and cut them into egg shapes.
Then using an svg file, I cut some flourish eggs, placed over
the digi paper eggs. I also chalked the edges of the flourish eggs.
Then I fan folded crepe paper streamers for the final border on each egg.
I also added some embellishments, bows, buttons, and eyelets to each egg.
Then chalked them for a deeper color.
I pop dotted them to an egg shape.
To create the egg shape background,
I used digi paper from Pink Pearl Studio on Etsy.
Printed the digi paper out and cut them into egg shapes.
Then using an svg file, I cut some flourish eggs, placed over
the digi paper eggs. I also chalked the edges of the flourish eggs.
Then I fan folded crepe paper streamers for the final border on each egg.
I also added some embellishments, bows, buttons, and eyelets to each egg.
Here are close up pics.
We DO have a tasty bit of blog candy to thank you for visiting us today! What's the prize??!
How about a beautiful handmade (courtesy of our Blog Hop Hostess, CardMonkey!)Cricut Cozy Covers?! Each one is individually styled in your pick of colors and embroidered words! These are RARE because CardMonkey does not make
them for sale and she usually sticks to paper, not sewing!!
them for sale and she usually sticks to paper, not sewing!!
To qualify, there are two steps:
1. Comment on as many Bunny & Blossoms Blog Hop blogs as you wish -- the more blogs on which you comment, the more chances you have to win. There will only be one winner, picked at random by Random.Org.
1. Comment on as many Bunny & Blossoms Blog Hop blogs as you wish -- the more blogs on which you comment, the more chances you have to win. There will only be one winner, picked at random by Random.Org.
2. Follow and comment on the CardMonkey blog ...
Leave a comment on our Hop Hostess's site
(http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com)
and let her know if your name is picked, what 2 accent colors you'd like
on your Cricut Cozy Cover, and what text you'd like embroidered (up to 3 lines).
You MUST be a follower of the CardMonkey blog to win and
you MUST leave a way for her to contact you if your name is picked.
Leave a comment on our Hop Hostess's site
(http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com)
and let her know if your name is picked, what 2 accent colors you'd like
on your Cricut Cozy Cover, and what text you'd like embroidered (up to 3 lines).
You MUST be a follower of the CardMonkey blog to win and
you MUST leave a way for her to contact you if your name is picked.
So now .... onto your final stop on the Bunnies and Blossoms Banner Hop today... Remember to stop back tomorrow when there will be
about 20 more crafters showing their banners!!
about 20 more crafters showing their banners!!
Your next stop is.... Beth at
http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/
http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by today!!
~ Shelly ~
See below for the complete blog hop line up for Saturday.
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Rachelle - http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com/
- Edwina Brown- http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
- Nancie ~ http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Lori - http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
- Jenny - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
- Jenny D - www.yogimemories.blogspot.com/
- Sandra http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/
- Jeannie - http://polkacabana.wordpress.com/
- Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com/
- Shelly Lynn - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/ <<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Beth McGee - http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/





















28 comments:
So beautiful. I love how you used vintage images. Great idea.
You KNOW how much I love, love ♥ LOVE these images. Together, they make for a beautiful banner. As I said on Facebook, the bunny faces remind me of you -- adorable!!
Thank you again for participating in this hop, and especially for donating your banner for PSC's children! May you always be blessed for your kindness!!
Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net
Shelly -- (you don't have to approve this comment to post -- it's just for you) ...
Would you mind sending me a PDF of your banner? I like to post them all in a "round-up" on my blog in case anyone has missed them. I think your picture copying tool has been disabled so I can't just lift it. (WISE WOMAN you are!!) THANK YOU AGAIN. See you around KC swaps (MY CUTS ARE DONE for April, so please be sure to include me on the swap list!) Smooches to you!
You do make me chuckle, I have these kind of images in my scrapbook from birthdays for when I turned 1 and 2 years old, and I dont think I am vintage...Ha ha ha - but love your banner, they did know how to make images all those years ago
You do make me chuckle, I have these kind of images in my scrapbook from birthdays for when I turned 1 and 2 years old, and I dont think I am vintage...Ha ha ha - but love your banner, they did know how to make images all those years ago
I love the use of the vintage images!
Thanks for doing the banner project for the kids, parents, and staff!
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
Clever idea to use the vintage cards. Awesome banner. TFS
Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com
Oh how beautiful! I love the addition of the crepe paper border and appreciate the time put into just adding that! I know the kids are going to love it!
I love the images and the banner turned out beautifully!
missstamper (at) yahoo.com
I love your banner!!! It is gorgeous! I love the vintage look of it and the bow on each one. Very, very pretty! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com
Shelly Lynn: Very cute banner...I really like the images you used. I like the crepe paper on the edges too!!
We’re glad to participate with you in the hop.
Blessings~Beth
fabulous images, great idea, gorgeous banner, love it :)
Your banner is so beautiful Shelly!
I love it!
Rachelle
joyfulhrt at gmail dot com
Supper beautiful Banner love the colors and the Bunnies. thanks for sharing
abbraddock@msn.com
The bunnies are just so sweet! Love them! What a great banner :)
Lucy
http://love2createitall.blogspot.com
I just love your banner! Those bunnies are way to adorable! Awesome job!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com
Lovely banner I love those vintage images that was quite a feat cutting them all out they look awesome. Youd backgrounds are too adorable as well. Nice hopping with you today.
Big Blog Hugs, Janet
Oh my goodness, this banner is super duper cute!!!! I love it!
I love your bunnies. Would love to know where you found them on the net.This is the best Blog Hop cause I have ever participated in.
Some special child will be so happy to recieve this banner.
Bless you.
Pam
http://scrappinfabpam.blogspot.com/
Adorable banner!!! What a great idea to reuse vintage greeting cards!!! Love the decorated eggs you used on each end too!
Glad to be in this hop with you!!!
Fabby vintage artwork. Since I got to see this in person, I can honestly say it is even more amazing close up! The crepe paper ruffles are out of this world!
Awesome banner! So creative too! I'm a vintage "chick" of sorts! Thanks for sharing!
Awesome banner! Love the images, love the vintage theme! I'm a vintage "chick" at heart!
I love this banner. Beautiful and I love the vintage easter images. Nice being in the hop with you.
Ashley
Adorable--great idea to create this banner out of vintage greeting cards.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
Super cute banner.
Robin
scrapandchat.blogspot.com
scrapdiva2011@gmail.com
Wow! These are amazing! Love the vintage images!
www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
craftycardgallery at gmail.com
Your banner is wonderful! Great idea and great job.
Rae Ann O.
http://joyinart.blogspot.com
Post a Comment