Yay! I got my Christmas present early- my new designer Cricut Expression in Canary. I love the color- I was torn between the aqua and the canary, but I decided the aqua might clash with my other blue, while yellow would be a nice contrast. The only version I love more is the elusive "Peppermint" Cricut Expression. The two cartridges that came with it seem to be pretty good- Classic Font looks a lot like Times New Roman, and has some cute little shapes that look very versatile. I especially like the little apples and flowers, and it looks like you could make paper argyle with the diamonds.

Classic Font

See? I think you could cut argyle with these. Too cool!
The Lite cartridge it came with- Playtime- has a lot of cute little kids, somewhat like Paper Dolls. This is the first Lite cartridge I've owned, so I'll see if I like it. I can say right now that I think the plastic case is actually better than the cardboard one that comes with the "full" cartridges.

Playtime. It looks like Paper Dolls in the Create-a-Critter art style. The grumpy little boy on the "time out" chair is my son (^_^)
My husband and I played around with the Expression last night, and as I suspected, Design Studio works well with the 12x12 format. My only small gripe is that it is a little harder for me to judge size by looking, since the mat shows up smaller on the screen.
Now- here comes the best part- I got it for less than the Blitz price on Black Friday! I bought it off Ebay, and with shipping, it came to just about Blitz price. Then, I received a discount of $10 and got $10 in Ebay bucks for trying the new Bill Me Later service. Add to that the $35 in profit I made from selling the Create I got from the Pink Tuesday sale at Custom Crops, and I ended up paying less than $120 for an Expression and two cartridges!
There are some good deals to be had on Ebay. You have to be careful, of course, but if you shop around you can find honest sellers who are willing to make good deals. I don't know what I would do without it!












1 comments:
I love the argyle!!
Post a Comment