KC Croppers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Know Scrap Review- Zig Glue Pen




Well, I may not have made it to CHA this year, but I have been busy with my own exciting project- my new craft room! I'll upload pics soon.

Talk about exciting- how about those adhesives?! Woo! Mind blowing stuff.

Maybe not "mind blowing", exactly, but near and dear to my heart, as you may know from my previous adhesives post.

Today, I will be looking at the Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue Pen. I have used both the fine and medium point versions. I was excited to find this glue pen- spot application of adhesive has always been a challenge. I felt both the fine and medium tip versions did a god job of spot application, with the blue-to-clear color change as the glue dries helpful. I like the little squeeze bulb on the fine version, as it allows for more precise control over the glue flow. In all, both versions of the pen were easy and convenient to use.

Now, here's the bad part: The glue doesn't always hold. That's a BIG problem when you're trying to adhere multiple little bits, and they constantly pop off. When Shell and I made the baby shower invitations recently, we used these glue pens, and found it frustrating when little paws, eyes, noses, etc. would come flaking off after the glue dried.

My verdict- if you must have spot application of wet adhesive, these pens are the best choice. For anything that doesn't strictly need that type of adhesive- USE SOMETHING ELSE! These glue pens will never replace good dry adhesive, as their staying power is just too limited.

Zig 2-Way Glue Pen- $3-5, available at most major craft retailers and some discount department stores.

0 comments: